1. Use the products you wash and condition your natural hair, they are not bad for your wig.
1. Braid your lace wig or put it in a ponytail to reduce friction. A short wig will be less of an issue but if you can clip it or hold it in place with bobby pins it will be better for your wig.
2. Wear a sleep cap, or wrap a scarf around your head and secure the scarf with a loose knot at the nape of your neck to protect the lace wig.
3. Sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase. It will help prevent friction, which protects your wig from tangling or being damaged.
4. Untie your head wrap in the morning and finger style the wig. Brush out all the tangles from the wig to keep it from frizzing and matting.
5. Some people lose their hair due to chemo, sleeping in a wig and waking up with hair may make them feel better. In these cases, have a second cheaper wig as your night time wig, keep your nice lace wig on a wig stand.
Don’t forget your accessories at checkout! ❤️
While average size wigs tend to fit about 95% of customers, you will find that quite a few wigs also come in petite and large sizes. Consider that many also have adjustable straps that give up to 1.5” so that you can achieve a comfortable, and secure fit.
To determine the right size wig for you, measure the circumference of your head from the front hairline, behind your ear, to the nape of your neck, to your other ear and then back to the front hairline. Jot down your measurement then consult the table above. Please note that sizes may vary slightly by brand and that not all wigs are available in all cap sizes.
How to Create the Look You Want
Some people find it easier to style their wig on a wig head or wig stand to get a 360 view from all sides. Others prefer to style their wig whilst wearing it. It’s completely up to you!
For Curly Wigs
1. For wavy or curly synthetic wigs make sure to use short and gentle brush strokes, so the curl remains intact.
2. When it comes to ringlet curls to reduce frizz and manage stubborn strands, our advice is to use a pick comb to gently style.
3. If you are trying to create a smooth and sleek style, you can use light pressure with long strokes of the brush.
For a Voluminous Look
1. You can tease or backcomb the underside of individual layers then smooth the strands back on the top.
2. If you are looking for a subtle lift, then simply take your wig brush and softly lift the roots away from the cap.
3. Always remember to use synthetic wig spray to set after you have finished styling.
4. Backcombing is just one of the many ways to add volume to your hair; you could also try blow-drying your wig whilst it’s flipped upside down or use bendy rollers to create volume and gorgeous curls.